Say whether the following statements are true or false for you.
- I often feel inexplicably sad.
- I feel tired even when I have had my normal eight hours of sleep.
- I am bored with my work and have difficulty concentrating.
- I carry too much responsibility.
- I have got to a point where other peoples’ needs don’t concern me.
- I feel emotionally empty at the end of a normal working day.
- My workload is far too heavy to do properly.
- I do not feel as sensitive as I used to feel.
- I often worry about my ability to do my job after hours.
- My boss has completely unrealistic expectations of me.
- I often drink or eat too much.
- I am often ill.
- I wake up in the morning dreading the thought of going to work.
- I am no longer interested in sex or in social activities.
- I am often depressed on Sunday evenings.
- Life generally seems pointless to me.
- There is not much in life I look forward to.
- I take less care of my appearance than I used to.
- My family constantly complains about not seeing enough of me.
- I spend a lot of time watching TV when I am not at work.
If you have answered ‘true’ to five or more of these, you could be heading for burnout.